Regional Chair, UNESCO
Gloria Bonder is the Director of the Gender, Society and Policies Department base at FLACSO (Latin American Postgraduate Institute of Social Sciences).
Since 2014, she has coordinated the Latin American and Caribbean focal point of GenderInSITE, a multistakeholder global initiative to create greater awareness about gender dimensions of science, innovation, technology and engineering.
She is a researcher and consultant on women, science and technology for several national, regional and international organizations such as: Minister of Science, Technology and Productive Innovation in Argentina, DAW, United Nations, Women and Development Unit, ECLAC and the Office of Science and Technology, Governments of: Antioquia, Colombia; Montevideo, Uruguay; Dominican Republic, among others, OAS, IDRC/CRDI, UNICEF, UNIFEM, UNDP and UNESCO. She has developed several research projects on gender issues and/in technology, science, education, communication, health and youth, and published books and articles both nationally and internationally.
- Member of the Advisory Board of UN Women for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Member of the Advisory Board of WISAT (Women in Global Science and Technology).
- Member of the Board of Experts on Regional Policy on Gender Equality and Equity (PRIEG), for the Council of Women´s Ministers for Central America (COMMCA), 2013.
- Coordinator of the International Taskforce on Women and ICT (ITF) of GAID (Global Alliance for ICT and Development of the United Nations), 2010.
- Organizer of the International Conference “Gender Equity Policies – A Prospective View: New Scenarios, Actors and Articulations”, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2010.
- Member of the Working Group “Género elac 2010”, II Ministerial Conference on the Information Society, held in El Salvador, 6–8 February 2008.
- Coordinator for Latin America & the Caribbean of the WSIS Gender Caucus (2003- 2005).