Privacy Statement of the Secretariat of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Budapest, 7 February 2017.
In connection with the registration for the World Science Forum program, the Secretariat of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (hereinafter: Secretariat) makes the following statement:
The management and protection of personal data
- In the act of your supplying the Secretariat with any of your personal data (hereinfater: data), you consent to the Secretariat's management of that information. The supplying of data is voluntary.
- The Secretariat shall manage the data confidentally in accordance with the operative statements, especially the Act LXIII. of 1992 on the protection of personal data and on the publication of data in the public interest in order that the participant can get access to the events of World Science Forum.
- The legal basis of the data management is that all the goals that are mentioned in point 2. can be realised only with the help of the data management defined in this statement.
- The Secretariat shall manage the data as long as it is needed for the goals mentioned in point 2. to be realised.
- The Secretariat shall delete the data after the period mentioned in point 2. expires.
- The Secretariat shall make the data available only to the Royal Scientific Socitey of Jordan as the organiser of the 2017 World Science Forum.
- If the Secretariat modifies the terms of this statement, all particulars of the modification shall be disclosed.
For the purposes of this Act:
controller shall mean the Secretariat;
data management shall mean any operation or set of operations that is performed upon data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, storage, adaptation or alteration, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, deletion or destruction, and blocking them from further use;
personal data shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as ‘data subject’) and any reference drawn, whether directly or indirectly, from such information. In the course of data processing, such information shall be treated as personal data as long as the data subject remains identifiable through it. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;
the data subject’s consent shall mean any freely given specific and informed indication of wishes by which the data subject signifies his/her agreement to personal data relating to him/her being processed without limitation or with regard to specific operations;
participant: shall mean any invited guest and performer who registers to World Science Forum and provides the Secretariat with personal data;
The Secretariat of the Academy of Hungarian Sciences