Dr Gordon Dalton
Senior Researcher, PLOCAN & International Consortium of Research Staff Associations
Dr. Dalton is a Renewable Energy Economics Engineer, senior research fellow at PLOCAN Oceanic Platform of the Canary Islands. Gordon’s work covers the broad economic and socio-economic analysis of the emerging ocean energy industry in Europe, as well as creating business models for emerging technologies.
Gordon is coordinator or lead partner in the following European projects:
- Gordon is the coordinator of the 2022 ERA OPUS: opus-project.eu Open Universal Science–project commence Sept 2022. The project will be a 3 year CSA, €2M with 15 partners
- Gordon is the coordinator of the ERA SECURE: Sustainable Careers in Researcher Empowerment commence Jan 2023. The project will be a 2 year CSA, €2M with 15 partners
- Gordon is the Coordinator of Blue Growth 5 call, called MUSICA musica_project.eu : Multiple Use of Space for Clean Island Autonomy; EU contribution €9million; UCC award €3.1M; 5-year period, start January 2020. The project will build, install and monitor a pilot demonstration floating platform which will provide all the electricity and fresh water to a small Greek island of 800 persons, and all services for an aquaculture farm.
- Gordon is the coordinator of the 2017 SwafS14: RRING: rring.eu Responsible Research and Innovation networked globally – awarded December 2017, project commence May 2018. The project will be a 3 year RIA, €3M with 22 partners, 18 countries, 6 subcontractors.
- Gordon is the coordinator of the recently awarded 2018 SwafS9: GRRIP: grrip.eu Grounding RRI in RPO; starting January 2019, 4 year CSA, embedding RRI in governance frameworks of 5 marine research institutes. MaREI will be one of the case studies.