Ms Dannielle Kenny
Science Communicator, Stellenbosch University
I am a science communication specialist within the Division of Molecular Biology and Human Genetics (MBHG) at Stellenbosch University's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. In this capacity, I manage our Centre's science communication and public engagement activities which aim to promote meaningful interactions to advance knowledge and empower communities by way of inclusive, sustainable, and transformative engagement with the individuals, social groups, organizations, and institutions we serve.
Accordingly, I serve as chairperson of the Societal Impact Task Team and Social Media Working Group within the MBHG division, as well as a committee member of the MBHG Reporting Task Team and the Faculty's Social Impact Committee and Visual Redress Task Team.
My roles and responsibilities include:
1. Oversee divisional marketing strategy
2. Management of divisional website, sub-sites and social media platforms
3. Grant application and support
4. Record Keeping and Report Compilation
5. Co-ordination of divisional societal impact activities including conceptualisation, implementation, management and evaluation
6. Partnership Formation and strengthening with key stakeholders