Ms Lia Labuschagne
Independent science journalist, Private
Lia Labuschagne is a Muizenberg-based communication consultant, writer, editor, and qualitative marketing research practitioner. She holds a BA (Honours) in English (UJ) and an MDP (UNISA) in Marketing Management.
- She has extensive experience in corporate communication management, public relations, publishing, writing, editing and marketing research.
- Her experience includes nine years in senior management positions in communication roles at major corporations and seven years of relevant experience abroad.
- She is a text/copy editor for both fiction and non-fiction assignments. Clients include publishers, authors and academics.
- She provides services to clients involved in a wide range of economic activity, including technology, science, environmental issues, sustainability and recycling, chartered accounting, financial services and business development, occupational health and safety & classical music.
- She is or has been a member of relevant professional bodies, including the Southern African Freelancers' Association (SAFREA), the South African Science Journalists’ Association (SAJSA), the Professional Editors’ Guild (PEG), and the Public Relations Association (PRISA).
- She has served as member of the advisory committee for public relations at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, and as member of the national boards of PEG, SASJA, the Alliance of Language and Practitioners (LAMP) and the South African Book Development Council.